Well I was sicker than I have been in a long time this past week. Even missed a couple of days of work, which I never do. Reluctantly I had to put off running...it really bothered me to miss it. I've only been doing this for a month and yet I could not get rid of the feeling that I was missing something by not going. Now my body was telling me, no way, heck I could not even breath, so I know I made the right decision.
But isn't it interesting that this thing that causes me great pain and effort has become something that I look forward to? I think that it has to do with it being something for me and me only.
So last night I went out at about 8pm and I decided to leave Jakey at home. I wanted to see how it was running without him and I honestly think that I did better. Love my dog but he runs into me and I get distracted telling him to heel, etc. Then my ipod earbuds kept falling out and I kept them out, just using the ipod to look and see how much time I had on each interval.
There is a different sort of peace to running quietly. I also felt that I ran farther (OK I was doing 60 second run walk intervals, but still ;p) And I made it to each of my goals, because I could do it for 10...9...8...7 more seconds.
Interesting?
2 miles run in 35 minutes/including 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down.
weight down to 219 (start was 238)
No comments:
Post a Comment